Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 2, 2012

TO BE A GIRL / a poem by THE PHONG.

Asian Morning Western Music  / poems by  THE PHONG
 This Edition , Jan . 2012 - HCM City.


                                                        T o    b e   a    G i r l
                                                              By    THE PHONG
                                                         translated by Đàm Xuân Cận


Where there are flies there' s  God
Where ' s  God lonely men have a friend
 I ' ve  walked all trails in my country
When I stopped the city of  Dalat
          was  shrouded in mist in the dead of night
fortunately I had  companion to keep off the ghosts .

Your face is haunting me ,
              in day and night
Lying in bed ,
              I keep thingking of you
              I simply cannot help it
Your lips are so delicate ,
              your eyes just don' t go away
On the threshold of adulthood
              I 'm still looking for a sister soul
I ' ve climbed to the top of Lang Biang Hill
When all I wanted was to bury my head in your floatting hair
Is there any love story
             which is not beautiful
is there a blemish pervasive enough
              to blot out deep humiliation inside ?
I think continuously
              of you and me and all .

To be a girl
            to be a bar hostess
Is to be stripped of the liberty to live straight
And forced to put on airs
            for the sake of money
Remembering the sweet moment
           worth the money I saved in one year
You held me in your arms
Your warmth was better to me
          than the heat from the fire place
I was yours ,
          all yours ,
          even it for a brief moment only
We were together  twelve long hours .

( Tomorrow I will  live a world of memories ) .
    []

  THEPHONG 

( from  ASIAN MORNING WESTERN MUSIC  / poems by   THE PHONG ..
   First published by Dai Nam Van Hien Books, Saigon 1971
  This Edition ,  Jan.  2012  -  Hồ Chí Minh City .)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét